ICCP offers the service of conducting marriage / “nikah” ceremonies to individuals of the Muslim faith seeking to get married, either at the ICCP premises or at locations of the couple’s choosing that are within a reasonable geographical distance. The nikah ceremony will be conducted by Imam Tarif Shraim. Prior to conducting the marriage ceremony, the following requirements must be met:
1. Obtain the marriage license
– Obtain the marriage license from the county where the nikah ceremony is to be performed. This may be different than the county where bride or bridegroom lives.
– If you wish to perform to nikah ceremony at ICCP or at any other location in Montgomery County, then please obtain your marriage license before the ceremony from:
Montgomery County Circuit Court
License Department, Room 111
50 Maryland Avenue
Rockville, Maryland 20850
2. Please bring original Marriage License to the nikah ceremony for the ICCP Imam to fill out and sign
3. Arrange for a conversation with the ICCP Imam to go over the details of the nikah ceremony and requirements. This should take place at least 48 hours before the marriage ceremony.
4. Two Muslim witnesses and a guardian (wali) for the bride must be present at the time of nikah ceremony.
5. Pay the fee of 500 dollars to ICCP for the service. Payment can be paid prior to the marriage ceremony date or on the date of the marriage.
6. ICCP issues an Islamic Marriage Certificate to the wedded couple which is given after the conclusion of the marriage ceremony.
Please contact ICCP at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your marriage/nikah ceremony.